What a year for endorser Jack DeJohnette! As if turning 70 isn’t a sufficiently monumental milestone, Jack is celebrating with a number of stellar awards – and the accolades continue to roll in. Here are a select few:
• A televised tribute to Sonny Rollins performance at the Kennedy Center Honors
• Jack is awarded the very prestigious NEA Jazz Masters award in a two-day ceremony at the Lincoln Center in New York City
• The Jack DeJohnette Group and special guests play two sold-out performances at the Blue Note in New York
• Jack’s new CD “Sound Travels” is released January 17 to glowing reviews
• Jack wins prestigious Copenhagen Jazz Performance Award
In addition, Jack has appeared in numerous publications, including the covers of Modern Drummer, Downbeat and Jazz Times magazines.
2012 is definitely a great year to see Jack in performance. Be sure to catch one of the following shows:
• April 26-27: Tri-C JazzFest (Cleveland) with The Jack DeJohnette Group and Master Class.
• April 29: United Nations (NYC) with Herbie Hancock and other notable artists.
• May: West Coast Tour in Seattle, San Francisco, LA
• July: The Keith Jarrett Trio European Tour
• Aug 4: Newport Jazz Festival featured artist and The Jack DeJohnette Group, with special appearances including Christian McBride, Lionel Louerke, Tim Ries & Luisito Quintero.
• Aug 20-24: The Pat Metheny Music Camp at the Spa at Norwich, CT, (Jack is faculty for this 5 day workshop)
• Sept. 20-23: Monterey Jazz Festival featured artist with Bill Frisell, featured artist with Christian McBride, and The Jack DeJohnette Group with special guests.
• Sept 24-Oct 15: The Jack DeJohnette European Tour
• Oct 26-27: JALC, The Allen Room Jack DeJohnette with McCoy Tyner.
• Nov 6-21: London Jazz Festival featured artist, and The Jack DeJohnette Group with special appearances.
• Dec. 1: Keith Jarrett at Tri City New Jersey Performing Arts Center
• Dec 2: The Kennedy Center (Washington, DC) with The Jack DeJohnette Group.
Get the latest in product previews, SABIAN artist interviews, and industry news all in one place.