July 15-21, 2012
at the University of Central Florida
A unique opportunity to study with Ney Rosauro and learn his approach to composition and his performing techniques on marimba, vibraphone and other instruments.
Participants will perform in master classes and concerts and will receive instruction on a variety of percussion subjects including:
– Compositional aspects and analysis of Rosauro’s work
– Four-mallet technique
– Rosauro’s extended cross grip
– Burton and Musser/Stevens
– Marimba technique, solos and concerti
– Vibraphone technique, improvisation, solos and concerti
– Timpani and multiple percussion solos and concerti
– Independence and transfer value in percussion
– Percussion ensemble
– Brazilian percussion
– Hand drumming
– Evening sessions and much more!
Each student will receive:
– Daily sessions with Ney Rosauro
– Two small group lessons with Ney Rosauro
– Ample time for individual practice
– Instruments will be provided
DON’T MISS THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY – ONLY 25 STUDENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
For an application, visit: Music.UCF.edu
Get the latest in product previews, SABIAN artist interviews, and industry news all in one place.